Half of January from 2022 is over already and I am just writing this post. I had decided that I didn’t want to have any goals or plans for 2022, before the year started. But the Universe seems to have approved of my no-goals plan for 2022, considering my whole family has been indoors and recovering from Covid from the start of the year itself. I literally only have the energy to clean myself, cook a bit and eat. Gah, I hate this virus.
Whilst in 2021, I had goals with regards to my reading, writing, physical health, travel and life in general, with the never ending pandemic I seemed to have lower and lower energy to actually work with enthusiasm towards any of those goals. Except for reading, everything else felt like a chore. And reading became slower too, because I have so much work in office and have to spend considerable amount of time parenting since schools are closed.
I always used to follow the mantra – that if I don’t set impossible standards for myself, how will I get even half way to where I want to be?
But during the pandemic years, my existential crisis has struck into full force. I am finding myself questioning the point of everything and anything at all. My mental health and physical health have started starring in the chicken and egg problem movie. I can’t figure out if my low energy physically is impacting my mental health, or vice versa. I use all of my energy reserves to be a good mom, since at this point I feel like I only have to live and try to be happy for my daughter.
Back on the no-goals subject then, here’s my plan for 2022. NO PLANS and NO GOALS!!
Of course I have wishes. But I am going to hand in the reigns to the Universe this time and just go with the flow.
- I still want to read a lot
- I want to travel locally and internationally (and visit my sister)
- I want to see Coldplay’s Concert
- I want to write more
- I want to take care of my physical health
- I want to quit my job and do something that I like – like open a bookshop
- I want to take care of my mental health
- I want to take care of my family
- I want to be there more for my friends
- I don’t want to be too active on social media – and by that I mean Instagram, considering that’s the only social media I’m on. But then, how do I promote my reading or book cafe or blogs?
Some people make vision boards for all of this. Do you think I should do the same? Or just throw these out to the Universe and see where I end up by the end of 2022?
How about you? Have you made any goals or plans for 2022? If yes, I’d love to read them..maybe it will provide me with some much needed motivation? 🙂