Flashback to the start of 2021, and the whole world was surprised India had overcome COVID! Alas, we were just late for the second wave. I also wrote a year of Failed Goals as my wrap up post for 2020’s goals and guess what? This year’s wrap up post will be quite similar in the fact that I had set myself up with many goals and while I managed to do some of them, I failed some of them too 🙂
So here is a quick wrap up of how I did with regards to my 2021 goals. If you’d like to read the original 2021 goals post, you can visit the link here. 🙂
- Reading: I could not finish my target of reading 72 books in 2021 😦 I was close though, managing to read 69 books in 2021. I had decided to read more books from certain categories, and I’ll do a more detailed reading summary post later 🙂
- I managed to finish 2 out of 3 series that I had planned for, so again, well done!
- I signed up for Storygraph which would help me track my reading life in graphs
- I read a few backlists from some of the authors I had listed, but missed a few 🙂
- Writing: This was one area where I had a lot of hopes for. I had really thought I’d do better with finding a writing routine and at least finish one draft of the multiple projects I’m working on. But none of that happened 😦
- I wasn’t able to write 500 words daily
- But I did track my writing as planned, but somehow it didn’t help me much
- Other life goals that I had set up for myself for 2021:
- I wanted to exercise for 30 minutes daily, with one cheat day allowed per month. But I ended up exercising for 179 days out of the planned 353 days. Which is a 50% success rate..LOL
- I wanted to do more charity, but I didn’t. That’s something I’d like to try and again focus on this year
- I wanted to learn a new skill and I’m glad to say that I did pick up a bit of gardening and now am a proud owner of around 10 outdoor and 4 indoor plants. I’m enjoying it and might decide to continue this into the current year as well 🙂
- I also restarted my Spanish practise on Duolingo 🙂
And that’s a wrap!! I hadn’t included any driving or traveling plans for 2021, but surprisingly, I ended up traveling a lot more in 2021, even if they were just short nearby trips. So that was an absolute added bonus! 🙂
How did you do with your Life goals in 2021? Or are you more of a no-goals sort of person? I’m going to write about my no-goals 2022 plan soon 😉 Drop in a message and let me know what was your highlight of 2021? What went well and what could’ve gone better? 🙂 Wishing everyone a very Happy 2022!!!