Can you believe it, this is my first life diary and reading wrap up post in 2020? Shudder.. Well, because 2020 has been such a shit year in general, it was hard to write a life diary entry without sobbing or whining my heart out. I could have done a reading wrap up though. Reading has been a saviour so far in 2020.
Trips I made in September:
I went to the park to run, I went to the beach in Konark, in Odisha with my family to enjoy the sun and sand and I went on a road trip to Rourkela in Odisha. All the trips were like a balm to the soul 🙂
Books I read:
I read 9 books in September and most of them were part of the Coffee Readathon Challenge prompts. I had such a brilliant month of reading in September though 🙂 You can check out the books I read for The Coffee Readathon here, where I have updated my original post with the books I actually ended up reading for the prompts 🙂
- Fortunately the Milk by Neil Gaiman – Such a fun children’s book about imagination!
- Ritu Weds Chandni by Ameya Narvankar – Netgalley copy and another super children’s illustrated book promoting LGBTQIA rights
- The Kingdom of Back by Marie Lu. Review here
- The Poet X by Elizabeth Acevedo. Review here
- Kim Jiyoung, Born 1982 by Cho Nam-Ju. Review here
- Chosen Spirits by Samit Basu. Review here
- The Poppy War by R.F Kuang – My favorite read for the month. Review here
- Darius the Great is not OK by Adib Khorram – Favorite feel good read. Review here
- Get a Life, Chloe Brown by Talia Hibbert. Review here
Other highlights in September:
- It was my birthday month and I had such a special birthday! I was completely pampered, got to eat a lot of delicious home cooked food and was loaded with presents and book presents from family and friends! Couldn’t have asked for anything else..except for the corona virus to go away. LOL!
- I couldn’t run much though, because it rained on most of the days here. Instead, I replaced running with a lot of dancing, dance workouts and Zumba at home..It has been super fun so far!
- I joined in The Poppy War readathon hosted by Nandini (Novels and Nebula) and Krisha (Bookathonblog) and we read The Poppy War in September, and I was absolutely blown over by R F Kuang’s writing and the entire concept of the book!
Considering everything else, I think September was a great month! I did almost everything I love doing 🙂 And made new friends and enjoyed the beach and the sun! 🙂
How was your month of reading in September?
What are the things you are doing to manage your mental health?