Last working day of the week today, here in India!! I hope you all are excited about Friday too 🙂
I was tagged for the Sunshine Blogger Award by Nikita at Prose & Pancakes. Thank you Nikita for nominating me for this award! Do check out her blogs where she talks about books, screen adaptations and many more interesting tags 🙂
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
The sunshine blogger award is given to bloggers who are creative, positive and inspiring. Once nominated, the blogger is required to write a post in which they:
- Thank the blogger who nominated them and link back to their blog
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated them
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 other questions to answer
- Notify your nominees and display the sunshine blogger award in your post
So, here are Nikita’s questions for me, and my answers 🙂
- Do you watch books-to-movie adaptations? Which ones are your favorite? Yes, absolutely!! In fact, I try to follow the rule of reading the book before watching the movie, but there have been many times where I’ve not been able to catch up my reading before watching. Some of my favorite adaptations are: Harry Potter movies, Lord of the Rings series, Narnia movies, Ready Player One, Pride and Prejudice (the one with Kiera Knightley), to name a few 🙂
- Can you name an underrated book you read and loved? Equal Rites by Terry Pratchett (not sure if that was under rated many years back but I haven’t heard a lot of people read it or talk about it lately) 🤷♀️😊
- Do you read or write fan-fiction? Guilty of not reading or writing any fan fiction
- How did you fall in love with reading? When did it happen? Well, I’m not sure I can pin point to the exact age when I fell in love with reading, since I can remember loving to read from my earliest childhood memories. My father encouraged me to read since he was an avid reader himself, and he would get me books from the meagre library, or I would always buy a book from those stalls-on-wheels on the train station before every vacation – comics like Tinkle, Archies and children’s versions of classics like Heidi, Jungle book, 20,00 leagues under the ocean, David Copperfield were the first books that I remember reading and loving. I then graduated to the Nancy Drew, Hardy Boys, Famous Five, Mallory Towers, Secret Seven series, since these were the books available in our local library..aah, such fond memories of day dreaming 😀
- Do you have hobbies other than reading books and blogging about them? If yes, what are they? Ok, I’m not sure if any of these can be called hobbies, but I do have other interests that I am deeply invested in, such as – Running, Traveling, Writing (about other things, other than books), writing letters to pen friends, and dancing 🙂 I’ve started trekking last year so lets see if I’m able to continue with that as well..
- Which book is closest to your heart? Hahahaha, trick question? I cant answer that one, since there are just too many. There has been a book that has talked to my heart literally through every year, age and phase of my life I think 🙂
- What would be the title of the book based on your life? Hmm, I haven’t given this a thought but it might be something along the name of my blog – ‘The secret life of Starry Eyed’ or ‘Dream On’ maybe? LOL 😀
- What’s one movie you want to be novelized? Oh, good question! I don’t think anyone would have ever considered the opposite! All the great movies are based on books or comics, for me. But I would love to read more about dream stealing based on Christopher Nolan’s ‘Inception’ – that movie was just epic and had blown my mind away!
- You can only read graphic novels or fan-fiction. Which one would you choose? Graphic novels. Although I don’t read a lot of graphic novels even now, I haven’t read ANY fan-fiction. And the one graphic novel I read (two books from the series that is)- DeathNote, I quite loved. So, graphic novels 🙂
- Book blogging or book tube – which one do you like more? Book blogging at present 🙂
- What’s one thing book blogging has taught you? Read and write for yourself. Else you’ll lose the joy of reading and writing, and get caught up in the ratings game. You will find friends eventually, so don’t stress over it 🙂
My Nominations 🙂
And here are my questions 🙂
- What inspired you to start blogging?
- If you had an evening of nothing to do, what would be your ideal way to spend it?
- What is the last book you read and enjoyed?
- Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Blogging sites, Goodreads, or none of these?
- What is a genre or category of book that you never usually read, or that is outside your comfort zone?
- Would you rather be up to date with current affairs via news, or current/new releases of books? 😉
- What is the last place you travelled to, that had a life changing impact?
- Have you ever bought a book just based on its cover or description? If yes, which one?
- Is there any book you wish you had never read? Why?
- Tell me about one of your fondest childhood memories 🙂
- What TV series are you watching now and enjoying?
So, there it is! I hope to read answers from all the lovely bloggers I’ve nominated and I hope you enjoyed reading my answers and getting to know me a little better 🙂