Hello my witty, intelligent and kind friends from the reading community! I hope like me, you guys have already dived right into your reading goals for this year.
I’ve signed up for a couple of Reading Challenges this year and wanted to write a separate post to list them down so I can come back next year and update how my reading went with respect to these challenges. If any of these interest you, do feel free to join in or check in the blogs or goodreads club 😊📚
So here are the challenges I’ll be doing this year. You can see which books I’ve read under each challenge on my page on ‘Reading Challenge – 2020‘.
- Goodreads Reading Challenge 2020 – I have targeted to read 72 books this year. Let’s see how that goes 🙂
- Modern Mrs Darcy Reading Challenge 2020 – 12 books under each of the categories below. You can check out her blog and the reading challenge here
- My Goodreads Book Club – Kick Up Your Heels’ Book of the Month selections – 12 books. Here’s a sneak peak of the books selected for the first three months 🙂
- South Asian Reading Challenge 2020, that is being hosted by Fanna @ Fannatality and Nandini @ Novels and Nebulas. You can check out the details of this challenge on Fanna’s blog link that I’ve mentioned above, if you are interested in joining in 🙂 I am going to try and read the two books per month option, which includes reading one backlist and one new release by a south Asian writer. Here are the books chosen for the month of January by the hosts 🙂
- The Unread Shelf Project 2020 – I will be reading 12 books from my owned books unread shelf this year, using the prompt from Whitney’s blog and reading challenge and try to feel less guilty about the growing number of unread books I own. You can check out her challenge on her blog here, if you’re interested. I have already finished reading my first book under this challenge – A Ladder to the Sky by John Boyne and a review will be up soon!
- Other than these, I want to catch up on series that I had planned on reading this year and read a few more new releases and sequels that have been released by authors I had enjoyed in the past. Some books in this category are mentioned below:
- Children of Virtue & Vengeance by Toni Adeyemi
- The Grishaverse Trilogy by Leigh Bardugo (before the Netflix series airs, hopefully)
- A Conjuring of Light by VE Schwab to complete the Shades of Magic series
- Finish re-reading the last two books of the Harry Potter series that I had started last year
- The Night Country by Melissa Albert – the second book to Hazel Wood, which I had loved
- And maybe some more..we’ll see
Those are my reading challenges for the year. If you’re interested in any of the challenges or buddy reading with me, I would be forever grateful to you, for giving me company reading! 🙂 Now, let me get back to reading 😉