Are we there yet? My daughter’s favourite question lately. I told her this morning, yes darling, we’ve arrived at 2019! She looked confused. Bless her.
A new year, and a new timeline to try and succeed and try and fail and yet just try a whole list of things! Pretty exciting! (You’d be rolling your eyes now, saying, yeah we got the message, we know you’re excited, just stop with all the exclamation marks already! Oops! Ok I’ll stop now 😂)
So, in no particular order, here are some of the things I’d like to try and achieve this year. We’ll catch up in 12 months and see how I did!
- 📚 Complete all my reading goals. I’ve signed up for four different reading challenges this year so far, and I might join in a few others later in the year too. But overall I’d like to read at least 50 books this year and complete the following reading challenges 😊📚
- The annual Modern Mrs Darcy Reading Challenge
- I’ll be joining Paige for 4 of the months (Jan, Apr, May and Dec) for her Reading Challenge categories for 2019. You can check out her reading challenge and all the categories here
- My personal Goodreads challenge of reading 50 books this year
- One of my Goodreads book club – Kick Up Your Heels, destination challenge for the year, where you can travel to 6 destinations via books or all 12 destinations. I have signed up for all 12 destinations this year, and we start with CUBA in Jan 🙂
- 🚗 Buy an automatic car, learn and practise how to drive it and drive it. That’s the biggest and hardest goal for this year. I’m 36 years old and I still don’t drive. I’ve been trying to change this for years but always give in to fear . Let’s see if this year will be different.🚗
- 📋 Practise more writing. I want to buy a few more books on writing and try to do better at the writing assignments from the only writing blog I follow- Julie’s blog. And try to write a few more words in NaNoWriMo than the last two year’s attempt. I’d love it if anyone else wants to get together and help me achieve my writing goals! 😊📋
- 🏃♀️ Run daily or nearly daily– every morning. And complete my first 10k social run that’s scheduled in March, without dying! Hehe 🏃♀️
- ⛰🛸 Continue to travel. I hope I can travel to at least two new places – either alone or with my family, this year 🗺🏝
- 📩📝☕️🍻 Socialise more, continue writing to my pen friends and give more time to friends and myself. I also want to try and discover cafes and book stores in my city. So far, the only book store I have visited has turned out to be a bit of a disappointment 📬
- Jazz up my blog a little more hehe
So, that’s it folks! I have been enjoying reading about everyone’s goals and challenges for the year 2019 so far, so please keep them coming! It’s great for motivation😊 And all the best to all of us this year!