Oh gosh, I’m feeling over the top right now!! A fellow blogger just nominated me for the Sunshine Blogger Award and I am so grateful to be considered for this (yeah you thought right, it does sound like a speech in progress for an Oscar, since that’s what it feels like in my head right now! 😀) Thank you Sahi for nominating me for this award and this tag:)
So, here are the Rules for this tag:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and ask them 11 new questions
- List the rules and display the sunshine blogger award logo in your post/or on your blog
————-And, here are my answers to Sahi’s questions:————————
[Q1]: What book do you think made you into an avid reader?
[Me]: Oh gosh, I don’t think it was one particular book. I have been a reader since I can remember being able to read! My dad introduced me to books since he was an avid reader himself. I think I started with Indian graphic novels and then moved on to books
[Q2]: If you got a chance to interview your favourite author, who would it be and what would you ask them?
[Me]: Hmm, I haven’t had a favourite author in a while now. The most recent authors whose books I’ve enjoyed are Dan Brown and Douglas Adams. If I interviewed Dan Brown, I would ask him about how he does his research, and where he gets all this amazing facts from? And if it were Douglas Adams (bless his soul), then I’d want to go for drinks with him and ask him millions of questions about The Universe! We’d have a right laugh over everything he says, I’m sure of it 😀
[Q3]: What’s the book that is on top of your summer TBR?
[Me]: Oh this one’s easy, since I have my Summer reading list all ready to go, starting tomorrow! The top on my list is ‘Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine’ by Gail Honeyman. I’m going to finish the book tonight!
[Q4]: What do you like the most about being a blogger?
[Me]: I love that I can talk to myself on this forum, without sounding like a lunatic..hehe. These blogs will be my company during my old age, when I can look back and re-live some of my memories and thoughts on books 🙂 I might even make some amazing friends for life here, who knows?!
[Q5]: Have you ever bought a book purely based on its cover, and which one was it?
[Me]: Nope, I don’t think I have ever bought a book based on its cover. I always look at the description at the back, or look for recommendations, or buy a book based on it Title even, but never for its cover:) But who knows, maybe it will change one day..
[Q6]: Are there any classics/books that you think everybody should read and why?
[Me]: I think I’ll go for books in this one, since I’m not sure I feel qualified enough to list down my recommended Classics yet:) So, here’s my list, it isn’t exhaustive, but these are the ones that come to the top of my head right now..
- The Harry Potter series by JK Rowling- because you have to believe in magic and friendship
- Hitchiker’s Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams- It is the funniest book you will read about why humans shouldn’t be too concerned about themselves, we aren’t that great..lol
- 1984 by George Orwell – It is short, simple, scary, and is still as real a threat as it was proposed to be in 1960s when George Orwell wrote it
[Q7]: Have you read a hyped book that disappointed you a lot?
[Me]: Yeah, I think How to be Human by Ruby Wax was one of the books I read this year, that I didn’t enjoy as much.
[Q8]: Which book characters do you want to be best friends with?
[Me]: Hahahhaa…so many, so many of them! Ok, so obviously Hermoine from Harry Potter, Anne from Anne of Green Gables, Marvin- the depressed robot and Trillian from Hitchhiker’s guide, recently added Eleanor Oliphant to this list. Interesting to note, that they’re all females! I wonder if there are any awesome male characters I’d want to be friends with? Hmmmmm
[Q9]: What’s your favourite genre and why do you like it?
[Me]: Give me fiction any day! The real world is so boring, that I love to immerse myself in fictional characters, stories about their lives, add in a little magic or action or drama or even romance, and I’m in it!
[Q10]: Do you like going to the bookstore or buying books online?
[Me]: Bookstores are my first true love. I visit a bookstore at least once a month 😀 But if I’m constrained for money or time or am not able to find a book in the bookstore, then, online obviously helps.
[Q11]: What book would you like to recommend to me?
[Me]: I know you love YA, but I’ve read just a few books in this genre (all amazing ones though), and am yet to read a few more to recommend one that you would like. However, I am about to finish Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman, and will absolutely recommend it, if you haven’t read it already. It is so heart touching, funny and a very easy read. I loved it:)
Ok, so here are the 11 bloggers I would like to tag for this:) Since I’m new to this platform, I don’t know many bloggers yet, so have tagged one friend and others I follow- but would love to get to know you a little better. So feel free to participate, or don’t- totally up to you! But if you do, I’d love to read your answers to my questions and get to know you a little better!!
Jina @ Authorsinspirations
Tammy @ Tammysreadinglife
Gray @ Bookreviewgal
Kavs @ TheHonkyTonk
Deenaz @ Backpackingmama
And here are my Questions to you guys:)
- What is your favourite place to read at?
- How do you prefer reading- paper/hardback, e-book, audiobook?
- Who is your favourite book whisperer or person/site you take your book recommendations from?
- Name a book you read while in school and a recently released book that you enjoyed
- Who are your favourite book-villains?
- Which book would you recommend me to read and why?
- If you had a chance to be a character in a book or live in a place mentioned in a book, which would it be and why?
- Who is your favourite blogger?
- What is a book you haven’t read and really want a read? (It’s OK to have more than one ;))
- It’s summer, you get to pick a destination to spend a weekend at, alone with a book. Which place and book will you choose?
- If you had to start a secret club- what would your club be about and which bookish characters would be members of your club? 🙂