This is my December, this is my time of the year..Linkin Park
I just love Decembers. I used to love Septembers too earlier, because that is my birthday month, but I’ve grown up and grown out of birthdays, so now December stands as the uncontested winner. And why not? There are just so many reasons why this is my favourite month. Add to that a list of surprises and celebrations that have already happened over the last two weeks and you’ll know why I love Decembers 🙂
- It is the coldest month of the year, and hence the time one can eat more, have more cake, drink more rum or whiskey, have more mocha and tea, read more books, watch more Netflix and cosy up more- perfect for a hibernating sort of person like me!
- This is the month of the birthdays of two of my favourite people! (Pictures of their nick names..they’ll know, if they are reading this..hehe)
- In general, I’ve noticed, people tend to get more relaxed and more festive during this time of the year- at work and elsewhere too
- It is the last month of the year, and to me, somehow, no matter how tough the rest of the year has been, it always brings back memories of the good times the year brought and is the perfect time to plan for the new year, so that is very exciting <wink!> Imagine, an entire year of blank canvas- what is not to be excited about? 😀
Other than the common repeaters above, the last two weeks of this month have already been full of amazing surprises and celebrations for me, and there is still two more weeks to go and look forward to!!! Yay!
- I had the amazing luck and blessing to be able to view, and experience proper snowfall and play in a 3 inch soft snow on a Sunday here in UK!!! For the first time in my 35 years of life! Right outside my place! Can you believe that? I couldn’t, and I was so excited! I had seen a little bit of snowfall when I was in Ladakh at Khardung La- but that was a different type of snow and experience. This was not even planned and right outside our home! And during Christmas, which made this the first white Christmas of my life 🙂
- I got to go to my first office Christmas lunch party at Jamie’s Italian restaurant at St. Albans, and had so much fun! The food was really good- I had the antipasti platter, vegetarian ravioli, tiramisu and a glass of Prosecco for my three course meal. The colleagues were a lot of fun and I learnt a lot of British sayings as well, but it was a brilliant afternoon, that I enjoyed after a long time
- We got a TV at our place! Yay! Lol
- I have more plans the coming weeks of catching up with friends, so cant wait for those and will write about those on my last post of the year:) <Note: Never got around to writing that post!>
- I get to spend more time with my toddler daughter, since her nursery will close soon. However, I do have to confess that spending time with her is a mixed bag of feelings, because she is adorably cute, funny and loving as well as infuriatingly stubborn, fussy, messy and tantrum-y – all of that, every single day! Lol! But in the end, I love her, I think 🙂
- I posted a hand written letter to a pen friend after ages- almost 20 years later I think! And I posted lots of Christmas greetings too- I just hope they reach all the recipients on time
- I love buying gifts for people and Christmas here is the perfect occasion to spend and buy gifts, so totally loving every week of shopping!
- Oh, and all the cakes and Hot Chocolates and mochas!! yum yum yum
- We got a Christmas tree and lots of pretty decorations and fairy lights and put it up in our living room. Although, I’m not sure it will survive another week, considering my toddler thinks she is the Christmas tree and wants all the lights and baubles on herself..ahem
- I got to go to a Christmas fete arranged at my toddler’s nursery, where all kids and parents were invited. It was on a Saturday afternoon and they had Peppa, and dancing, and cakes and Santa and gifts..my daughter and I both loved it!:)
So tell me, is December you favourite month too, or does it make you forlorn that another year has passed by? What have your favourite moments and party plans been so far? Received any gifts, or had any firsts in a long time? 😉
Watch out for the second part of this post towards the end of this month!!<PS: Never got around to writing the second part, since all I did the last two weeks was become a vegetable at home..lol..we did have an amazing christmas party at my friend’s place in Ipswich and a small and cozy new year’s eve party at our place:)- as updated on January 2018>