So, ‘Just Musings series’ are going to get added to my ‘Life as I know It’ category as well, stuff that go on in my head now and then that I just want to write about as recordings I can read later when I’m a 100 years old or something 🙂 You will learn nothing new from these posts, but if you have nothing better to do and come across my posts, and nod your head thinking, yeah, I feel the same way!, then maybe we can become Just Musings buddies..lol 😀
So, basically, I was trying to sort out one of my shelves and found a few of my first and old diaries. I had started writing in my diary since 1995! Imagine! And as I read through my entries, I noticed that when I was younger, I wrote about only the awesome days that I had, as if I had to cherish them and relive them when I grow up, but there were very few mentions of anything sad (except maybe entries of when a guy I had a crush on didn’t notice me..lol) And then, as I grew up, my diary became more and more negative- entries seemed like I was talking to a shrink. I realized, my diary has become my shrink and since the last few years, most of my entries were sad or about challenges I was facing in life, and very few about the joyous moments that I’d had! So insane! Why would I want to relive the sad moments?
That made me think- what were the things that brought me joy when I was younger, and don’t I have them anymore now? And I realized, I had them and I had more!!! And yet, my diary was focusing on all the negatives in my life instead of the positives. So I decided, I’d like to write about all the things that brought me joy as a kid and say, most of them are still true for me 🙂 I’m also going to write more about all the fun happy things I did in my diary now on and maybe put up a post or two here as well 🙂
So, here are the things that brought me joy and still bring me joy..what about you guys?
- Books, books and books
- Getting appreciated and appreciating someone
- Dreaming about love..lol
- Laughing and hanging out with my closest buddies (that’s become few in between though now since my closes buddies live miles away..sigh)
- Watching science fiction series and dreaming about UFOs.. 😀
- Hearing my baby laugh (this one is fairly recent..heheh)
- Making my mom and dad happy and proud of me
- Dancing and listening to my favorite music
- Traveling to new destinations and getting to know people 🙂 – This one was added later in my life too